Allan Adler

Default Machine shop videos

Hi, I saw your posting about machine shop videos. I don't know the
answer. The reason I am replying is that I also live in NYC and I
am also having a lot of trouble finding out about opportunities to
learn about metal work and to use metal working equipment. You're
the first person on rec.crafts.metalworking who I know lives in NYC.

Anyway, maybe we can share information if we ever get any.

I don't have enough room to do any work, so there is no point at this
stage in getting any equipment. Are you in a similar situation, trying
to do it in an apartment, or do you have some kind of shed or basement
or garage where you can do some work? Also, have you located any local
groups that have any interest in metal work? I did a google search and
located a NYC group that does modeling of subway trains. They might have
some metalworking skills. I found out about them a while ago but kept hoping
for some actual shop courses and then forgot about them until this moment.

Sincerely,
Allan Adler

* *
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
* metropolitan area. *
* *