Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wright David Wright is offline

Default Where would you look for a plumber's mate?

"MikeH" wrote in message
ups.com...
I often wondered what I would do if I had been out of a job in my
latter years, and came to the conclusion that if all else failed I
would be willing to work for nothing for a few months

I've already factored that in - 50% of my leaflets mentioned this, and I
said that I'd work for free on "tick the box" jobs, but would expect at
least SOME pay if I got sent out to change a load of taps or pull a turd out
of a toilet....

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you considered larger institutions/organisations rather than
domestic plumbing businesses?

Hmmm, I'd assumed they'd be closely tied with agencies

BTW - whereabouts are you based?

Reading.

"Cicero" wrote in message
.uk...

Has your local Council (or any neighbouring Councils) got a Direct Works
department?

Same thought as before, wrt agencies and insurance and general
jobs-worthiness.

Will give it a go in the morning!

Thanks for the suggestions and lateral thinking so far!