Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone fixed an espresso machine?

Steve Firth wrote:
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:06:14 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The pump runs - well makes its buzzy noise - but seems to draw no water
from the reservoir, but that pipe is OK as I disconnected it and sucked
water up.

Does it have a steam jet? The instructions usually say that after the
machine has run dry you will have to prime it by opening the steam jet and
allowing the machine to pump until water runs out.

THAT would have been a good move since that hasn't got a pressure
valve..but the key was, as I said, fulling it up brimful to prime it.

I Have To Say A Word In Praise Of Dualit: I emailed them enquiring about
a gasket and one came free return of post...

The Dualit 889 which is what we have is obsolescent and being knocked
out at about 160 squids..its not bad at that price.

MMM. Another mouthful. This is better than Star****s.....