Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Clint Clint is offline

Default Troubles attaching a gas range to kitchen cabinets, and also in English...

Try contacting them via e-mail or website, if you have issues getting in
touch through a toll-free number.

Clint

"SammyBar" wrote in message
reenews.net...
What you are describing is called a "drop-in range" if it has no feet. If
it has feet, but no finished sides, it is a "slide-in range". If it has
finished sides and feet, it is a "freestanding range".

Your definitions are very clear. I'd suggest to add them to the wikipedia.
I'm not kidding. It was the first place I look for the correct names and
nothing about ovens and ranges more than some old pictures and history...

instructions should clearly show the minimum distance to flammable
materials.

My instructions specifies 40millimetres on each side and on the back. But
it does not says anything if the material can be anything or something
fireproof...

Check your instructions for some type of phone-in help line. They would
rather answer your questions than defend a lawsuit.

You are right. I'll try to contact the manufacturer. Our customer support
service rates are not very outstanding (Mexico) but anyway I'll try. The
manufacturer is Bosch that is a very expensive one so it will be curious
to rate their customer support service...

Thank you very much for your hints
Regards
Sammy