Tony Rentschler

Default Machine shop videos

I learned some basic machining skills years ago when I worked as a
welder, but I would like to become more skilled on the lathe and
milling machine.

I live in New York City, and the local community colleges no longer
seem to offer machine shop classes, so I was thinking about buying some
video tapes - perhaps even the expensive set from
http://www.machineshopcourse.com - in order fill in some of the gaps in
my knowledge.

My goal is only to become skilled and comfortable with these tools at
the hobbyist level - I'm not seeking employment as a machinist.

Has anyone bought the tapes above, or any others that you think might
be worthwhile as an aid to learning basic or intermediate machining?

Many thanks,
Tony

--
Tony Rentschler