Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default 115 volt AC outlet pattern.

I used them through my whole house, and I think alot of high quality
new construction is going this way. the wire costs more than the price
difference in the breakers or outlets.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

terry wrote:
Friends just had whole house renovated/rebuilt. New everything!
Noticed that all the 115 volt outlets are a different pattern.
With the ground uppermost the right duplex socket is 'T' shaped.
(That's the live pin?)
This is in eastern Canada.
Is this a new standard? Although i've seen those plugs with one pin at
right angles to the other, years ago!
Also noticed that outlet near sinks etc. are not the GFI type.
That either means that one further upstream in the string is or that
the circuit breaker panel has GFI type breakers?
Any comments?