Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson Stephen Dawson is offline

Default Where would you look for a plumber's mate?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I appreciate your plight, and well remember similar looking for student
placements - er - 24 years ago.

Have you considered larger institutions/organisations rather than
domestic plumbing businesses?

e.g. hospitals, large industrial premises, council maintanence
departments and the like - all of which may have their own in-house
plumbing services. You might find qualified plumbers and qualified
electricians - rather than that being one person.

It may not exactly fit the formula - but your college isn't exactly
being helpful - and the examiners will have to be realistic about the
opportunities students can find (and speaking as a former lecturer -
quite a few of the staff probably need a rocket up the bum to realise
they should be out there building up those business networks that
students depend on).

BTW - whereabouts are you based?

You are absoluteley right about colleges, we approached a large technical
college to tell them that we were doing a job with MI Cable and they said
they would place a couple of lads with us to get MI skills signed off but
never heard from them again.

Steve