Posted to uk.d-i-y
MikeH MikeH is offline

Default Where would you look for a plumber's mate?

David Wright wrote:

So...any ideas? I know the theory, and what I've fitted for other people
works fine.
But finding that magical Corgi registered unvented certificate plumber who
needs a hand is proving to be a little trickier than I imagined...

Are you expecting to get paid for this?

I've recently retired from the IT industry where "getting started" was
a problem for many of those who wanted to work in IT. The emphasis was
on experience, and the problem got much harder for those who were no
longer twenty-something.

I often wondered what I would do if I had been out of a job in my
latter years, and came to the conclusion that if all else failed I
would be willing to work for nothing for a few months just so that I
could prove my capabilities and be able to 'tick the boxes' in terms of
up-to-date experience.

Of course finances may dictate that this is not an option, but it might
be worth a shot if nothing else works. If you under-cut that cheap
Polish labour small businesses working on tight margins might then find
you irresistable :-)

Good luck.

Mike