Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Oh well back it goes

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Steve Firth contains these words:

I learned that lesson with SDS drills. I tried several of the cheapies,
including supposedly heavy duty units up to 1000W. On all of them the SDS
chuck would break while drilling concrete, usually after about 20 5mm holes
(so hardly excessive use).

I've had my cheapie for about three years and drilled a couple of
hundred holes with it without trouble. Not all in this house - all the
terraces here have concrete walls between adjacent houses and once word
gets out that you've got a drill that will actually go into it there's
quite a lot of swapping.

meetoo!

My Stayer SDS has given several years of sterling service, including
chopping bits off some concrete kerb stones. It's still working OK.

--
Chris Green