Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.invest.real-estate
[email protected] realassets@gmail.com is offline

Default Do I need an attorney? Please advise!

if this is your first buy sure a negotiator in your corner is nice. it
will be worth the money paid cuz they will get you more than that. like
have the seller pay for closing cost. have them throw in extra upgrades
for nothing. all the extras in a warrenty for nothing. and depending on
the market 6 months worth of payments. ask for the sky and go from
there.
bobby

wrote:
John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

I am about to begin the closing on a new home purchase. A friend of
mine who has closed on 3 properties in the past is recommending that I
dont waste any money on an attorney, as he will be happy to go over the
numbers for me.

So, lets say that the home that you are buying is built 2 feet
over the right property line on land owned by an adjacent home
owner. Is your friend going to back you up and pay for any
damages in that case? WIll your friend move your house and
take care of all the bills associated with correcting the
mistake? Unless the answer is YES, then you need representation.

It's a condo so I doubt that any of those conditions would arise. As
for other potential issues, I am getting a full home inspection done.
My concerns lie more with paperwork and numbers rather than latitudes
and longitudes.