Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Question: wood pallet for shed floor?

I have a 10 ft x 12 ft metal garden shed to be assembled. The ground
is sloped and I had graded it to level, somewhat like a wedge of dirt
where the shed will be. I will need something to anchor the shed to
the ground. The thought came up that perhaps I can join a few wood
pallets to form a base on which to nail down a plywood floor. Then
build the shed on that. How resistant to rot will the pallet wood be?
The mound will never have any standing water. Where I am is too cold
for termites. I have some old pallets that have been out in the
backyard for the last 8 years. They look a kind of weathered greyish
but no rot. Any precautions I should consider?