Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Beaver Jim Beaver is offline

Default Yellow brick road

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
m...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
. net...
My little girl has gone bananas over The Wizard of Oz. For Christmas,
she wants a yellow brick road. Cute.

Our yard has a flagstone pathway through it. It's basically a bunch of
flagstones laid out near one another in a path, with grass growing
around and between the stones.

I'm wondering if there's something I can TEMPORARILY paint the stones
with to make a yellow brick road, something that won't wash off the
first time the sprinklers come on that same day, but something that
will wash off over time (even if it takes some scrubbing), yet also
something that won't hurt the grass.

Any ideas?

Jim Beaver

Where do you live? Believe it or not, this might be related to an easy
solution. `

Southern California (San Fernando Valley, to be precise)

OK - the land of endless sprinkler addiction, isn't it? Isn't there a
movement afoot there to get homeowners to plant things intended for that
climate?

Trust me, the grass I'm growing is intended for this climate.