Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Lathe Spindle Taps

the problem with tapping wood is that it doesn't hold up all that well to
repeated threading and unthreading - neither does aluminum - that's one
reason why I stick with steel nuts for the faceplates I sell - I could make
aluminum faceplates, but they wouldn't hold up as well and they would cost
more.
bill (www.wbnoble.com)

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:52:46 -0700, "Jim Hall" wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, when would you use the tap?
For threading a blank on to the spindle shaft for bowl turning, maybe?
Better than a chuck? Thanks..

I use a lot of vacuum chucks and get tired of gluing a nut in each one...

I'm also looking for an economical way to make chucks so that folks could
buy
them when starting into vacuum chucking without having to pay big bucks
for
them..

Also, for scrap blocks, jigs, etc...

Mac