Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default Craftsman router

J. Clarke wrote:

Just a comment about your saw, if are in the US and haven't already done so
you might want to take a look at http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/ . If
your saw is one of the ones affected it gets you a new guard and a new MDF
table, all at no cost to you. The new guard is a mixed bag--blade changes
aren't as easy but it has a riving knife and full blade coverage, and on
balance I think it's an improvement.

I looked into the recall when I heard about it. They didn't have a
retro-fit kit for the 9" model, but they would pay me $100 if I shipped
them the motor assembly. I decided to keep the saw as is. Now I don't
use it any more anyway.

--Steve