Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking,nyc.food,misc.consumers.house
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Is It the 21st Century Yet??

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm having the damnedest luck researching this, and I don't know why.
Maybe it's just not made??

I want to grill my own steaks. At home. On a table. That's all!

....snip....

So does anyone have any recommendations? Or am I forced to use a
portable tabletop CHARCOAL grill indoors?? (That means I'll have to
buy an industrial-strength fan, too, in all likelihood!)

I once used a charcoal grill indoors. It was a nice litle cast iron job that
had a good heat and was small enough to start outside and carry in once it
was going. I put it on the stove so I could use the rangehood to exhaust
the fumes, smoke etc, outside the house. It worked really well and I was
just taking the steaks off and serving when the inards of the ranghood
collapsed over everything. The fibre filter was held in place inside the SS
mesh cover by these stiff plastc struts. The excess heat had softened them
and they dumped the lot.

David