Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] avtanski@gmail.com is offline

Default What is this thing (with pictures)

Hi Dan,

Dan Espen wrote:
Pieces of wallpaper.

I admit that it looks like pieces of wallpaper,

Ok, you are half way to the truth.

Now admit that they ARE pieces of wallpaper.

Believe me, I'm not making this up. It is not wallpaper. The Jeep
was a joke (why not), but the rest is true and is right now looking
at me from the ceiling with its tiny cold beady eyes (OK, OK... The
"beady eyes" are _not exactly true, :-) )

The "termite poop" idea maybe makes sense... I don't know.
I checked some pictures of the substance in question, though,
and it didn't look much like this. But who knows, maybe there
are different types of termite. Also, those things on the wall are
quite big sometimes - up to, say, 3/4 inch in length - so either
for termites pooping is a social activity, or these are some
monster termites; both notions I find slightly disturbing.

Regards,

- Alex