Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default doing some electrical work

On 4 Oct 2006 13:00:05 -0700, "Apsteinberg"
wrote:

I am understand and appeciate all the feedback. Here is my main reason
for the way I plan on doing it. If I put the light first with a switch
before the outlet then wouldnt the outlet only work when the switch was
in the on position. If this is not correct could someone please
explain how I could get around this.
Thanks

The simplest way would be to have a hot, nuetral, and
ground coming into the GFCI box, pigtail two wires to each,
and have one set go to the gfci outlet, and another set
go to the switch, and from there to the light.
THe only difference from what you desccribed is that
the cable going to the switch is connected before
the gfci, instead of to the outlet side.

I dunno diddly about fill-ratios, but I do know that
getting a GFCI and three sets of 12-AWG wires into
a normal outlet-box is crowded, so you might have
to use a bigger box that you normally would.