Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRod HotRod is offline

Default refinishing 80 yr old fir floors

Since I'm doing my whole house I'll pass on some more information. After
doing a large master bedroom (Size of living room) myself that total cost of
the materials and rentals was $400, I am now getting the rest of the house
done by a pro including the stairs (runners and sides) for $2200 with tax.
It might be worth just calling the pro. I figured the rest of the house
would have cost me more than that to finish myself.

"glassartist" wrote in message
news:fd9ddf979dd49b55ef9bf286dfcce6ea@homerepairli ve.com...
Thank you for your remarks. I think that is good ole common sense answer.
get caught up in trying to make things "perfect". I love to see the whole
project come together and feel "right". I think leaving some character is
a good idea. I have two boards near the wall with big soft rotten spots
(no idea why either), that I'll replace. Thanks All.