Ted Edwards

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

Richard J Kinch wrote:

not mean free air" and "2: Regulators don't waste power", both of which are
false.

You refuse to do the math (Thermodynamics) and you refuse to acknowledge
experimental evidemce and you don't believe in conservation of energy.

If you don't believe my explanations, or don't accept them on the authority
of my engineering credentials,

Are your "credentials" in Psychiatry? They certainlt aren't in Physics
or Engineering!

then there's not much else I can do to persuade you.

Correct.

I have a heavy duty (7") air driven grinder/wire brush. When cleaning
up a largish piece of rusty metal, my compressor can't readily keep up.
Periodically I give it a break. When I do, I frequently go over and put
ny hand in various places to see if anything is overhaeting. THE
REGULATOR DOES **NOT** GET HOT. Until you get your simple mind around
that FACT, this is a waste of time.

PLONK

Ted