Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Basement Watchdog redundant battery backed sump pump- thumbs up

(Chris Lewis) writes:

According to Todd H. :

The manual pump idea is a really good one. Do you have any examples
or where I might find some? It'd have to be one that I could get an 8
ft rise out of to get the water above grade and out of the house.
I'm picturing though that that may require a pedal powered contraption
heh.... Another Basement watchdog battery in parallel might be
better still. Hrmmm..

Lee Valley sells a manual pump (looks much like an old fashioned
lever-action well pump) that would probably work.

Interesting. Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...2,2280&p=10380

Certainly is cost effective. Some thought would have to be put
into the requisite plumbing though. A 2nd pipe to the sump would have
to be run I suppose to avoid having to pull a submersible pump in an
emergency. I don't imagine you can draw water through an electric
submersible pump while it's still connected.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/