Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cutting pipes for shower - no space

David Hansen wrote:
On 04 Oct 2006 08:20:36 GMT someone who may be
wrote this:-

You can't have *water* coming out of a shower at 120C, it becomes
steam at 100C at atmospheric pressure.

Look at my original posting and note that I didn't claim any such
thing.

What I did say is that it is not just water at 120C that kills
people. Water at more modest temperatures has killed people.

I would thing that the 2 bar pressure necessary to get the water to 120C
and in contact with someones skin without turning to vapour would be
pretty debilitating if maintained for any length of time.