Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default How to insulate main floor walls without destroying look of house?

In article ,
"Don Young" wrote:

I personally feel that trying to foam the 1" space would be a waste of time
and money. I do not think you can get any significant filling of this type
of space without a lot of openings and even then there is no easy way to
know if there are large gaps. As you mentioned, moisture could be a problem.
I would just live with it unless I was willing to install solid foam board
and re-do the walls.

I have a concrete block house, I put 6" of insulation on the outside and
have a warm house that is cheap to heat. You can live with a different
exterior and re-doing the exterior is probably cheaper and more
effective than messing with the interior.

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/