Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] todd1814@yahoo.com is offline

Default Edge-banding shelves

blueman wrote:
Cool router bits, but will it give that much better alignment than
just using biscuits in my trusty plate-joiner?

It also seems to me that biscuits would be simpler and require less
fussing than setting up my router table (which by the way may be small
for the job), aligning the groove bit, cutting the groove, changing
bits, aligining the tongue bit, and then cutting the tongue.

Also, I would save the $45 cost of a bit (though it would be a good
excuse to my wife about why I am getting yet another UPS delivery...)

You're right about biscuits giving the same degree of alignment. I
would probably go that route if I were you. Just thought I'd point out
those bits. I haven't tried them yet and was curious to see if anyone
else would comment on them.