Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 2x2.5mm t+e in 25mm oval

Ian Atkinson wrote:

Hi,

Last wiring question I think! In the kitchen in a couple of places I've
run 2x2.5mm t+e down some 25mm oval conduit and it's a little tight
(i.e. doesn't slide about freely in the conduit).

This is only in a couple of short pieces of ~30cm to get the cable from
the sockets down below worktop height ready for me to plaster over.

Having read some old posts people have said these needs to be a bit of
extra space round the cabling for expansion so would I be better off
not using it? It was the biggest they had in the shop. I'm going tile
over the whole area so I don't want the cabling to expand and pop
tiles/grout off etc. - don't know how realistic that is!

The main argumenta against conduit is that it is a pain to get whole
cables through (single wires are much simpler!), and it eats into your
temperature budget a little. 30cm however is unlikely to cause any
problems with either of these - so no need to worry.

--
Cheers,

John.