Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Atkinson Ian Atkinson is offline

Default 2x2.5mm t+e in 25mm oval

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
Ian Atkinson wrote:
Last wiring question I think! In the kitchen in a couple of places I've
run 2x2.5mm t+e down some 25mm oval conduit and it's a little tight
(i.e. doesn't slide about freely in the conduit).

This is only in a couple of short pieces of ~30cm to get the cable from
the sockets down below worktop height ready for me to plaster over.

There's no need to use conduit if the cables run vertically down from a
socket - you can simply plaster over them.

Having read some old posts people have said these needs to be a bit of
extra space round the cabling for expansion so would I be better off
not using it? It was the biggest they had in the shop. I'm going tile
over the whole area so I don't want the cabling to expand and pop
tiles/grout off etc. - don't know how realistic that is!

If you've chased into existing good plaster and are going to tile over
there's often no need to even make good the chase.

Cool, thanks for your help all,

Ian.