Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Whining kitchen faucet when using sprayer

Matt wrote:

My kitchen sink whines whenever I use the hose sprayer. It seems to
only happen when hot water is used. I have a lever type faucet, and the
sound seems to be coming from the faucet it's self. Any ideas on whats
wrong/how to fix it?

I had a similar problem a few years ago and it turned out to be a
swollen gasket at the place where the spray head attached to the hose.
The hole in the center of the gasket had closed down so much that the
restriction prevented enough flow to fully toggle the diverter valve.

I went through changing the diverter valve before I figured out it was
just that damn gasket, enlarged its center hole a bit and things got
good again fast.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia