Andy Hall

Default BT socket with older style wiring?

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:25:38 +0100, Mark S.
wrote:

I've booked today with Demon as it took them overnight to put my
number on the system at BT.

Gives some garbage about it being too far from the exchange but
suspect it read just for uploading and a 1 or 2 mb connection. Said
the 512K download would be ok so we'll have to see. :-)

Mark S.

That can be. There are nominal distances from the exchange that are
used as a guideline, but that's all they are. Sometimes people are
disappointed because they imagine that the cable will take the most
direct road route, but that's not always the case.

In the event they go on line loss. If you want a 1Mb or 2Mb
connection, you can apply for that and you will get a pass or a fail.
The fall back is a technology variant called RADSL (at 512k) which
will allow operation under worse line conditions and by implications,
longer distances.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl