Posted to rec.woodworking
LRR LRR is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

B A R R Y wrote:
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
And languages... they are easiest to learn at a very early age. Being bilingual
is a very good thing in today's world.

Outside the US, it's very common to see young kids switch back and forth
from language to language. My wife is a 2nd grade teacher, and she has
students who translate for Polish, Czech, Russian, Pakistani, Indian,
and Asian immigrant parents.

Only native Americans seem to have a problem with multiple languages.

That is because we have ZERO need to learn other languages. How about
all the immigrants from Europe -- they adapted. Our strength is our
COMMON language.

And when you go almost anywhere outside the USA, what is the common
language?

ENGLISH!

I'm off my soapbox -- gonna try to go find some newsgroup that
discusses woodworking!