Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 10" Table saw speed.

"oswin556" wrote in message
news:kOzUg.1992$uJ2.1396@dukeread03...
I'm in the process of doing some upgrades to my 20 year old Delta
contractor
saw. One of the things I want to do is replace the cast pulleys with
machined ones. Looked at the set that In-line Industries sells According
the company most blades spin at about 3450 rpm. They recommend running the
blade at 3800 rpm. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience on running
at the higher speed? Better, worse, or is there no notable difference?

Oswin

This one is 3000 rpm
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=6086

This one has more HP and is 4000 rpm
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=6155

This one is 3450 rpm
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=5222

I doubt it would be a problem and for thin stock could help the feed rate,
but unless you increase the power, it will not help on the 3" thick maple.