Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Sonar Tape Measures

In article .com, wrote:
I am looking to buy a sonar tape measure to measure my house.

Why? Is there some reason to not use a conventional tape measure?

I have three in mind:

1.)Craftsman Laser Guided Measuring Tool - Mfr. model #LM04CN

According to Sears web site: "99.5% accurate", meaning it could be out by as
much as 2.4 inches in 40 feet. That sucks big-time.

2.)Black & Decker Sonic Measurer - BDSM100

According to B&D web site: "accuracy per 40 ft: +/- 1 inch" which is 99.8%.
Much better than the one from Sears, but still not as good as you can get from
a conventional tape measure.

3.)Ryobi Measure Tech Plus Stud Sensor & Sonic Tape Measure - Model
EMTP006

RyobiTools.com does not provide an accuracy spec for the EMTP006. IMHO, that
ought to tell you everything you need to know about that one.

Does anybody have any knowlege of any of these? Are any of them good?

Probably not, but if I had to pick one of the three, I'd go with the B&D.

--
Regards,