Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Remove grout from ceramic tile

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Norminn writes:

Muriatic eats concrete and metal; it is not a "cleaner".

HCl is a wonderfully sharp tool for masonry work. Like all powerful tools,
it has to be applied correctly and skillfully.

By your logic, water is not a "cleaner".

Using muriatic to clean concrete is like using sulfuric to "clean" my
skin. Just take off the top layer of skin, and the dirt goes with it.
Actually, water is a very good cleaner. Soap or detergent helps it
along. If I can soak oil out of concrete with kitty litter (cleaning
it), I don't need to damage the surface with pressure washer or acid.
Tried muriatic on stained concrete and the oil actually protected the
concrete. Not surprising. And the fumes are indredible.