Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot gotcha

"Stubby" wrote in message
If you apply for a credit card at Home Depot they will give you a 10%
discount (limited to $200). But what they don't tell you is, even though
you haven't even seen a statement yet, you must pay off the purchase
almost immediately. If you don't they will take back the discount.

As far as I can tell, there is no reason to have a Home Depot card except
for the initial discount. After that, Discover and some others will give
a 1% to 5% Cash back bonus.

Not a case of "they don't tell you", but more of a case of "I didn't read
the fine print" Credit card companies are in the money making business.
Cash-back cards usually have higher interest rates. What good is 2% cash
back if you are paying 19% interest? Either pay cash or use a low interest
rate card. The cash back is OK if you do pay the bill in full every month.