Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

Default Harddisk motion detection?

Meat Plow spake thus:

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:24:23 +0000, Clyde Crashcup Has Frothed:

Bart Bervoets wrote:

Is it possible that inside certain harddisks motion detectors are
placed? I have a harddsk which works fine but as soon you move the drive
(powered on and connected to pc)
the head sounds as it wants to go in park, if i leave the drive alone it
just works fine.
IDE and power cable are ok.
Not relevant for a repair but plain curiosity, i would expect it on a
laptop disk but not a desktop.

You should never move a running drive. It could crash.

LOL that made me laugh.

Yeah, I guess all those people using laptops must just *imagine* they're
moving their computer while it's on.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself