Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bob.kirkpatrick@heapg.com is offline

Default Shepherd crook

Terrence J Smith wrote:
Guys:
This maybe off topic, but I need to make a better shepherds crook. Ones I
have purchased are worthless after about a year as the 'crook' opens up and
makes it impossible to catch a goat (I raise meat goats).
The purchased variety are made of oak and seem to be steam bent.
My thoughts a
- Steam bend one myself. Would using green wood, maybe ash, make the bend
more permanent?
- Make the bend with thin strips and epoxy (a laminate).

On diy, David Marks did a bent laminate lamp project that might be
applicable. There is information on the diy web site about the forms
used and the technique.

Episode WWK-512

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._26962,00.html