Posted to rec.woodworking
badger.badger badger.badger is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

Peter Lynch wrote:
I do agree with youthat teaching him spanish is probably not a good idea.
They should be teaching him chinese, that way he'll be able to get a job
when he grows up.

Pete

You don't know how true that is Pete, my sons school teaches french and
German, with russian and manderin being optional extras....
At work we have had a massive influx of chinese students, to get the
money in the uni has dropped the english requirement, one translates for
the rest, the biggest issue is their attitude to safety or other
instructions, anyone below the level of Dr. need not bother as they will
be ignored.
Give it 5 years and they'll dry up as an income source, they'll be
teaching the subjects back at home!

Badger, on the South coast of England.