Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

Tue, Oct 3, 2006, 12:36am (EDT+4): .@. (Stoutman)
snip Why do 'they' feel it is important to teach my 4-year old son
Spanish words when he can barely speak English?? snip

It has been proven that it is much easier to learn a second
language early. Knowing a second language makes learning additional
languages much easier. Knowing a second language, or more, could come
in handy to the kid. Never hurts to learn new things.

I learned German (passable enough to understand, and tell, dirty
jokes) in my mid-late 20s. I was in Germany at the time and it came in
handy numerous times. What helped me most was my female friend at the
time hung out in her mother's little bar, frequented mostly by people
who only spoke German. It was either learn or be left out - still took
some work on my part tho. Would have been even handier if I'd known
French, for when I was in France, and later Vietnam. Would be handy
today to know more Spanish today than just taco and burrito.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax