Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Wood hardeners: epoxy vs. CA vs. minwax hardener vs. Polyall etc...

B A R R Y writes:
blueman wrote:
I am looking for a wood hardener to reinforce shelf pin holes (drilled
in 3/4" plywood) so that they don't tearout under load (note that I am also using shelf pin sleeves).
For this application, I was wondering what would be the best choice:
- Thin CA (any brand recommendations?)

Zap.

2 clarifications:
1. Zap seems to be 2X the cost of some other thin CA brands. Is it
worth the cost and if so, what makes it better?

2. Are you saying Zap (and CA in general) is better than expoxy and
MinWax or are you just saying that if you use CA, then go with Zap?

Thanks!