Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Reducing rain noise on Velux windows

"Paul" wrote in message
oups.com...
My two year old son is regularly woken by rain noise on the Velux
windows in his room. Does anyone know of a way to reduce this noise?

Paul.

====================
I think a wooden frame covered in fine wire mesh would do the job. It would need
to be attached an inch or so above the glass. Kitchen strainers and fire guards
use this kind of wire mesh and you should be able to buy it by the sheet -
possibly in B&Q or Wickes.

War time despatch riders' goggles used the same principle. They were made from
aluminium sheet with thin slits cut into the aluminium. The idea was that the
slits were too narrow to allow rain drops to enter but they were so close to the
eyes that the aluminium appeared to be invisible.

Cic.

It has removed 1053 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!