Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill Chris Hill is offline

Default Dishwasher Conversion

On 2 Oct 2006 22:42:55 -0700, "KTReetz" wrote:

I have an old portable dishwasher that just isn't getting the job done.
What I would like to do is take an undercounter dishwasher, and
convert it to the portable one. I believe that all I would have to do
is remove the old shell from the portable dishwasher, and insert the
undercounter model in the same shell. I know that I would have to also
convert the piping and wiring (which shouldn't be a problem).

I am doing this because I'm getting an almost new undercounter
dishwasher, and can't afford to purchase a portable one. I also have
no counter space for the undercounter model.

Can this be done?

I imagine it could if both were the same brand. Change brands and the
proposition would get iffy. If you have room, just build a cabbinet
around the under-the-counter model and plumb it in.