Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Air compressor adivce: Too cheap?

According to Greg Guarino :

http://www.campbellhausfeld.net/weba...roductId=67145

I saw a review in a magazine that suggested it could be used for
nailing. I think that I understand the consequence of the tiny
tank;I'll only be able to shoot a few nails in quick succession. I
don't imagine that will be too much of a hardship for my use.

But what about the 100 psi? The nailer specs say it works from 70-120
psi. Will I have enough oomph?

That compressor will probably be perfectly adequate for an 18ga (and
perhaps even 16ga) nailer doing simple trim jobs (eg: thru 1/2" MDF
into drywall & studs). 18ga nailers use very little air.

A 4gal compressor will go quite a few 18ga nails before the motor
kicks in again - I think the motor fired up three times during
a pass of baseboard and ceiling trimming a moderate sized living
room. A 1gal would fire up 4 times as often....

However, this small a compressor will be rather limiting if you
decide you want more air tools.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est