Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Name for Jubilee clips in USA

Sam Goldwasser wrote in message
Sam Goldwasser writes:

p writes:

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:12:11 +0100, "N Cook"
wrote:

Returning to USA/UK tool terms etc

What is the name in the USA for what we call
a Jubilee clip in the UK, presumably named in
Queen Victoria's jubilee year of 1897.?

pic
http://www.cityirrigation.co.uk/acatalog/jubilee.gif
Wrap round flexible steel tightenable band around flexible pipe

unions.

Full list of translated terms on
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tool_terms.htm
but any more additions welcome

It's also known as a "gear clamp"

Pipe clamp.

Oops, that should have read: hose clamp.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header

above is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

Do UK mechanical engineering terms such as clevit pins or Woodruff keys or
Jacob's chucks mean anything stateside?