Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Harddisk motion detection?

Meat Plow writes:

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:05:22 +0200, Bart Bervoets Has Frothed:

Is it possible that inside certain harddisks motion detectors are placed?
I have a harddsk which works fine but as soon you move the drive (powered
on and connected to pc)
the head sounds as it wants to go in park, if i leave the drive alone it
just works fine.
IDE and power cable are ok.
Not relevant for a repair but plain curiosity, i would expect it on a
laptop disk but not a desktop.

Bart Bervoets

I can safely say that no modern drive has any such thing.

Some laptops and external harddrives for laptops do have shock detectors but
I don't know if they are inside the drives.