Mark S.

Default BT socket with older style wiring?

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:09:28 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:51:42 +0100, Mark S.
wrote:

Buttered him up with a cup of tea and biscuits and deined all
knowledge of the missing box and hacked off wiring.

Any biscuits left? :-)

Put me a new master socket on without saying anything so left it at
that. Said the wiring was ok for broadband so have to see if it fails
the test etc. when that's booked.

Mark S.

You can run a test from BT's web site which will do a basic line check
and give you an indication of what you can expect to get in terms of
speed choices - i.e. maximum of 512k down or up to 2Mb.
I don't think that this noise tests the line, but rather works out
line characteristics.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

No took them to work, sorry. ;-)

I've booked today with Demon as it took them overnight to put my
number on the system at BT.

Gives some garbage about it being too far from the exchange but
suspect it read just for uploading and a 1 or 2 mb connection. Said
the 512K download would be ok so we'll have to see. :-)

Mark S.