Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I have a 4-year old son who goes to day care 3-days a week. He likes to
watch Dora the Explorer which for those of you that don't know, teaches
kids a few Spanish words. I use to object to him watching it, but now I
don't have the energy to keep changing it when he watches it. Now he
comes home from pre-school and they are teaching him the days of the week
in English and in Spanish. What the f---???

Why do 'they' feel it is important to teach my 4-year old son Spanish
words when he can barely speak English?? Is Spanish going to be on the
SAT or LSAT or MCAT ???

This is getting really ridiculous.

Ultimately it will be an asset as when he has his Mexican gardener do
something different the gardener will not be able to fall back on the old
stand by, I no speakey English, to get out of doing as instructed.
Also at this age he will retain more of what he learns than later on.