Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

Stoutman wrote:
Why do 'they' feel it is important to teach my 4-year old son Spanish words
when he can barely speak English?? Is Spanish going to be on the SAT or
LSAT or MCAT ???

No, but it may be the language used at the grocery store. I know it is at mine.
I only wish I'd paid more attention to Spanish when I took it in school. No
motivation to learn it then... now I realize my mistake.

You need to chill. They're doing your child a service. And don't worry that he
can only absorb one language. Using that thinking,
you'd need to pull him out of mathematics later because it might interfere with
his learning to read. Your kid's brain is like a sponge.... pack as much stuff
in there as he can absorb.

And languages... they are easiest to learn at a very early age. Being bilingual
is a very good thing in today's world.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com