Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler R. Pierce Butler is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in
:

I have a 4-year old son who goes to day care 3-days a week. He likes
to watch Dora the Explorer which for those of you that don't know,
teaches kids a few Spanish words. I use to object to him watching it,
but now I don't have the energy to keep changing it when he watches
it. Now he comes home from pre-school and they are teaching him the
days of the week in English and in Spanish. What the f---???

Why do 'they' feel it is important to teach my 4-year old son Spanish
words when he can barely speak English?? Is Spanish going to be on
the SAT or LSAT or MCAT ???

This is getting really ridiculous.

When one knows more than one language, it opens more doors than if you
only know english. If he does learn spanish fluently, then other
langages will be easier to learn as well.

NOW is the time to teach him a second or third language. It will never
be easier for him.

Would you object if he was learning Dutch, German, or Pidgin?