Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

In article , Stoutman .@. wrote:
I feel sorry for you.

You obviously don't understand the value of being bilingual.

Lew

I totally see the value in being bilingual! I wish I spoke 10 languages,
that would be awesome.

You are missing my point. He is FOUR. Shouldn't he learn English first?

Instead of teaching him two new Spanish words per day, I would rather 'they'
teach ONE new English word!!

Actually there have been many many studies that show that teaching a
second language is most effectively done when started at the
pre-school age, without detriment or delay in learning the primary
language. Personal observations of bilingual people in my own family
(unfortunately I'm not one of them) certainly bear that out.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -