Posted to uk.d-i-y
whisky-dave whisky-dave is offline

Default LED kitchen lighting

"Ren" wrote in message
ups.com...

(if my calculator is true).

Blasted calculator - it lied to me again - and to the Tax man - it's
now in the bin.

Joking aside, LED's are designed for 'point' indication, and are not
good for ambient light generation.

I've tried a few white LEDs on the 'bench' and they don't really emit white
light,
more of a monochomatic effect. I found it a bit strange that there were so
many LED lights in homebase that lokoed good but on close inspection
provided very little light. Standing near them I could look directly at the
source
without blinking I couldn't do that with the more common and Halgen or
other forms of lighting. I was just trying to imagine how much light an 4 or
6 way
LED system would provide, didn't fancy the idea of buying a ~£40+ unit
to find I'm still in the dark.

cheers for the advice, even with a faulty calculator ;-)