Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Plastic for windows

In my youth, I used to mask cars for painting in an autobody shop. I learned
then that the surface MUST be clean, dry and dust free. Certain materials do
NOT accept any type of tape readily. These you must super clean, often using
a strong solvent such as lacquer thinner to remove surface oils or other
contaminants before the tape will stick. Be careful the solvent is flammable
and may damage paint, coatings and plastics.

"joegig50" wrote in message
news:ad1b07ef39639a70f176caf05cba0c1d@homerepairli ve.com...
I have as Mobile Home...I have been trying to put Plastic to cover the
windows///You use a HairDryer to tighten it down...The Problem I have is
that the Tape does not want to stick...Any suggestions?