Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Battery or charger bad?

Stubby wrote in
:

I bought a 9.6v Ryobi from Home Depot but hardly use it. The battery
does not seem to charge because it lasts only a minute or so now. The
yellow light on the charger has never come on, just the red "charging"
light. How can I tell if the battery is bad or the charger? TIA.

I got one of those Ryobi's for doing inside stuff when I didn't want to be
handling an 18v Rigid. Used it a lot. Didn't take long before the same
thing happened. I went through the trouble of sending it back to a Ryobi
service center and got a new battery under warranty free. After the
warranty expired so did the replacement I got.

I know they are **** get what you pay fors but didn't expect that. Not even
worth buying it as "if it lasts for a year I got my moneys worth".

In your case, since you use it so infrequently, the battery may have
discharged to low for too long and it's hosed.